Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 14:58:45 EDT
Nancy said,

<< I agree!    We don't have to retake an exam to maintain our RN.   We just
 have to
 attend conferences and  maintain contact hours.
 Nancy R Johnson, RNC, IBCLC >>

And here in Illinois, we pays our moneys and takes our new license.  That's
it, folks!

Retaking the IBLCE exam is not only easy compared to the first time, it
really is rather fun.  It's relatively quick, and you will be amazed and
delighted at how much you know!  Barbara's post was excellent -- you DO need
to keep up with your reading, going to conferences, Lactnet and networking,
but you'll do fine.  I'm delighted IBLCE is continuing the exam --

And it has nothing to do with money in their pockets.  It costs the same
amount to retake the exam as it does to reup by CERPs.

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC -- who has recertified at 10 years by exam, and
found it a terrific experience!  (And who has lived to tell about it too).