Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:40:30 EDT
I'm breathing a sign of relief here because the hurricane skirted our coast
and all we had here inland was winds gusts of 60 MPH and rain. My daughter
who is in college at the beach evacuated her house on the beach to go to a
friend's townhouse in town and had a 2 ft flood in the townhouse about 4 AM!
They had a mad scramble to get stuff up to the second floor but the carpet is
still floating in ankle deep water. She had to move her car out of waist deep
water to a high parking area-thank goodness she drives a SUV. She is able to
adventure for a 19 yr old! I remember when my biggest worry was whether or
not she had had a poopy diaper for the day!!
Now I am preparing for the onslaught of bfing problems associated with all
the births that occur with a hurricane. Usually there are many premies and
many pump calls.

Barb Whitehead, IBCLC
Ayden NC