Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jeanne Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 08:18:29 -0500
In May, I was talking to a group of nurses and WIC staff about formula
promotional items.  A group of nurses showed me a long-distance card
that a formula marketing rep had given to all the nurses recently.  It
was good for 10 minutes.  I asked them to place a value on the 10
minutes.  At 10cents per minutes, plus maybe 10 cents for the card, the
marketing rep maintained his status as a "really nice guy" for a grand
total of $1.10.

Another incident that truly appalled me happened during registration of
a 3-day course.  One of the nurses was just gushing about being grateful
that she could attend.  She told us that their formula rep was "so
supportive of breastfeeding" that he had paid their registration to
attend the course!  Now, as I'm the person who collects registration
fees, I can state for certain that we received no check from a marketing
company.  He must have reimbursed them.

I have seen a lot of badge holders in Texas.  One hospital took care of
that problem by making their own.  There are hundreds of companies that
print these promotional items - pens, coffee mugs, badge holders,
t-shirts, etc.    Why not have an exchange program at your hospital?
You'll collect their marketing paraphenalia in exchange for something
that has your hospital's name on it?

--
Jeanne Mitchell, Austin, TX
http://www.flash.net/~xanth/home.htm