From:
Lin Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 17:27:01 GMT
Hi!
My name is Lin Miles and I am new to Lactnet.
I am a registered Nurse, Midwife and Health Visitor and have just sat my
ILCA exam.

I have worked mainly as a community midwife(home births etc.)approx. 9 years
but for the last 5 years, I have worked as a Health Visitor in Oxford and
Swindon (U.K.).I combine this with a new role of Breastfeeding co-ordinator
and chairing the local breastfeeding group.

I have 3 children and 2 step children,mostly gone! Also 2 Irish
grandchildren.

Well enough about me.

I would like to ask for your help.

I am in the process of applying for a nursing scholarship for study
overseas.
I am particularly interested in community pragrammes that promote and
support breastfeeding, especially programmes that have increased start and
continuation.
This would enable me to share with colleagues locally and nationally
new ideas and good practice. It may be anywhere in the world.

I know there is a good deal happening.

Any suggestions please together with contact names and addresses if pos.