Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lisa Papas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:57:21 EDT
Marie,

I would have to say to dump the milk.  Sigh.  I once had a diet coke with
Nutrasweet in it at a party and in addition to having my then 4 month old
baby screaming for the duration of the birthday party the nutrasweet gave my
a migraine that was so bad that I lost my vision for several hours.  Happened
one more time to me, again after Diet Coke.  I have an Applicant that used to
suffer from seizures and stopped having seizures after she eliminated diet
coke.  If you look at the statistics on complaints that the FDA receives,
aspartame is right there at the top.  I'm tired of this being presented as an
urban legend.   If we can recognize the false advertising and the corporate
shenanigans in regards to infant formulas, why can we not see the same stuff
when it comes in the form of aspartame, and it's company Monsanto?  Aspartame
was originally invented as an ulcer drug and there were problems with it then
because of all of the side effects.  Food additives do not have the same
approval process as drugs, and it was approved for use in foods.  Monsanto
has manipulated the FDA, and if you see how many people have passed back and
forth between the FDA and Monsanto in regards to employment,  it is not hard
to understand why they haven't been cracked down on.  You can lump me into
the Nutrasweet crazies if you like, just like we are looked at like the
lactation crazies!!  Just a vent, and not much help, but my .02     Lisa P in
Mi  (who shudders at telling anyone to dump any of their liquid gold, but
would do it in regards to aspartame)   For a very technical look at  how
aspartame and msg react in the brain read "Excitotoxins , The Taste That
Kills"  by Russell L. Blaylock, M.D. (the author is a neurosurgeon)   and
"Aspartame (Nutrasweet) Is It Safe? by H.J. Roberts  M.D.,F.A.C.P.,  F.C.C.P.