Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 15:04:09 EDT
Teri said,

<< I too share your disappointment in having to take a baseline test to
 recertify after 10 years.>>

Trust me.  The test is NOT the same test you took 10 years ago.  "Baseline"
knowledge of lactation has gone up and changed tremendously!!  It is no more
the same than if you took nursing boards 10 years ago and then took them
again today.  No way on earth would I pass my nursing boards again -- but I
work in lactation a gazillion hours a week -- I don't work in general
nursing.  Jill's (my daughter's) nursing boards and knowledge base is a far,
far cry from my nursing boards and knowledge base.  And the explosion of
technology and research in lactation means that what we expect of newbie
IBCLCs is waaay more than was expected by those of us certifying originally
10 or more years ago.

<<  My biggest disappointment was in the letter I
 received - did the results of the research project show that those who took
 the cerp route did not pass the exam?  The results were not shared.  The
 questioning side of me wonders if this was because those who took the cerps
 did fine on the exam.  Does anyone know what the research showed?
 Thanks, >>

If you look at the information put out in the JHL by JoAnne Scott r/t the
test scores each year, you will see that the cohort that retook the exam all
(with one exception, I believe) passed it.  However, there were some other
issues that came up that Barbara alluded to that precluded just using the
results of the 4 years of cohorts retaking and subsequently passing the exam.

Jan Barger -- since I've passed the IBLCE exam twice, does that make me an
IBCLC squared?