Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:19:13 +0300
7bit
From:
Jan Tempelman <[log in to unmask]>
Scott Moser wrote:
> Instead of cutting out the cells each
> time, freeze for a few hours, replace in the hives, and let the bees clean
> out the frame.  Then, the process starts over.

less work for the bees is,  uncap the cells with a uncapping tool and thrust the
larva/pupa out.
In the mean time, bees can go for nectar...;-)  (hope so)

from the drone methode on:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jtemp/dronemethod.html
----------------------------------
-  How do you remove the larva and pupa from the capped frames? A good method is
this: uncap the cells with a serrated knife or your normally used honey
uncapping tool, thrust the larva out. (it is good to mix the drone larva with
the chicken feed, they love it!!)( but our teacher talks about eating them!! Ask
him for a recipe, he will be angry with me) Clean the cells with water, dry it
in the air, use it again. Remains of pupae should be washed out of the comb with
a jet of water and the drone combs should be stored dry until reuse, to prevent
growth of fungi.
-  I eat them to now. They are delicious!!!!

greeting, jan
--
Jan Tempelman
Kerkstraat 53     NL 7471 AG Goor