From:
Valerie Mcclain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:15:42 -0700
I wish to comment on Kathy D.'s post in which at one point she writes,
"And yes, some babies would die but the end result would be better
health..."  I find that statement appalling.  I believe I am a strong
breastfeeding advocate but never would I consider letting babies die in
order that breastfeeding become the norm.  I don't care how long it
takes to change the American scene in regard to breastfeeding.  And who
will face the mother with the hungry baby?  It better be the person(s)
who have decided that it's O.K. to let them die.  The comment on letting
babies die is the kind of statement that makes me wonder about our
ethics. Valerie W. McClain, IBCLC