From:
Kathy Blais <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 19:39:42 -0700
On 8 Aug 99, at 17:04, Automatic digest processor wrote:

Hello Lacnetters,
    Ive been subscribed to Lac net for awhile now and love it! Id like
to introduce myself to all of you..and say thank you so much..After
a day of trying to deal with people who think your job is a joke..Its
nice to see others feel just as strongly about breastfeeding as I do.
     My name is Kathy Blais Im a B.F. counselor for W.I.C. out here
in Reno.Nv.Ive been doing this job for 4years and have counseled
about 6000 women so far I teach classes,do home visits etc.And
my family was just on the local news.N.B.W.The reporter asked
my husband about peoples comments( you sould be doing that in
the bathroom)And his response"Like my wife always says" You
dont eat you lunch in the bathroom, why sould your baby"? It just
made me so proud of him.
      Im know this is aliitle long but heres what I wanted to ask ..I
have a mom..She has no history of any B.F. problems in the
past..Nursed well just 2 years ago.Gave birth 7/29 to a son 7.13
the delivery was very tramatic..epidural with pitocin..35 yrs old
moms blood pressure goes up..and has asthma attack after
delivery..they give her imputerol and Keflex mother developes a
fever.mom crashes after for 6hours and never gets to hold her baby..
When bf begins it fine..baby nurses on each in 4days 10% loss
milk doesnt come in on left side..No fullness nothing..Rt breast is
fine just engorged..Doctor tells mom to supplement..Mom calls me
in tears..Really wanted to b.f. explained that she my be able to bf
one one breast only( providing that we monitior weightof baby)Any
ideas why only one breast produced milk this time..meds
etc?Keep in mind there was no trama to the breast since last
delivery 2 years ago..Thank you ,Kathy B