From:
Pat Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:38:36 -0500
My first attempt at celebrating World Breastfeeding Week is going well,
thanks to everyone here and their ideas.  We put up a large bulletin
board the end of July with the poster from WABA in the middle surrounded
by the pages from the book, We Like To Nurse on colored paper with the
captions underneath and a large sign on the top that says Human Milk For
Human Babies and World Breastfeeding Week below.  Then I ran a short
blurb in the county newsletter and today I brought in two dozen
breastcupcakes, chocolate and white and set up a display in our
breakroom, with the little cloth breastfeeding dolls and all my
children's books.
The staff was startled but pleased and Bud the guy from maintenance was
red as a beet but took one with him. So hopefully next year, I will do
more and encourage the hospital to also set up a display.

Pat Thomas PHN