Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 15:34:32 EDT
Dear Carol, My DH is in charge of several newspaper publications, and has
done a lot of "other volunteer things" over the years, including going to
nursing school.  He does know a lot about breastfeeding, and often  if I were
not available at the time, and the mom disclosed her concern he would offer a
suggestion, and I would get the call back from the mom about how great it was
that he was able to help her too.  I have five natural children and one
adopted.  My children have all presented in school a paper on some aspect of
breastfeeding, and the teachers always remarked about they didn't have to put
their name on it, because they knew where the information came from.  My
oldest is a pediatrician, and knew how to demonstrate the use of the electric
pump for a mom incase I was not home when she arrived, when he was in the 7th
grade,  It was around that time he decided he wanted to be a ped. too.  My
fourth is in medical school, and is very interested in Ob.. my only daughter
is now an RN, and thinks she may like to work in the NICU after she has
received more experience.  The other three, are an architect, small business
owner, and a sales manager .  All of them know, and are sure to tell someone,
or anyone the benefits of breastfeeding, and attachment parenting.  It can be
very rewarding to watch grandchildren receiving their mothers milk, and know
that the partner really knows how to support, and encourage them.  Can you
see my smile....