Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:05:10 EDT
In a message dated 6/30/99 3:12:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< "Is there any evidence that the increase in dioxins in breastmilk are
 causing breastfed babies to be less healthy than formula-fed babies? I
 think I am correct in saying that the figures continue to show that
 breastfed babies are healthier. >>

It only stands to reason (in my mind at least) that formula which is cow
based would likewise be high in dioxins as well.  People never seem to
mention that or think of it, as though formula would obviously be pure.  I'm
not saying those on this list feel this way.  This is something I bring to
mother's attention when they bring up concerns about environmental
contaminants in human milk.