Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:40:19 -0700
7bit
From:
"Denny Rice, RN IBCLC, Dallas TX" <[log in to unmask]>
I like your point regarding what is essentially pecking order in a
hospital.  My dilemma regarding this situation was that the parents
could plainly see that something was up when I examined the baby.  (I'd
never make it as an actress or poker player)  Leaving them to their
imaginations seemed cruel at the time.  And frankly, I have no patience
with some of the peds who show up at the door of the nursery, stick
their heads in and ask about their patients, then go off to talk with
the parents.  (Of course, they get charged for a physicians exam)  Any
decent exam would have revealed this defect, of course, no decent exam
was done, even though the parents were told by the ped that their baby
was perfect, implying that he had actually seen the baby.  I'm getting
off of my soap box here, sorry.
But you were quite right, that's the way it is in a large organization.
Temperamentally, I'm simply not cut out for life in a corporation where
individuality and problem solving are less desirable than rule
following. Good thing I'm "outa there!"  Probably a great relief to all
concerned!
--

Denny Rice, RN, IBCLC
Dallas Texas USA