From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 08:03:14 -0400
Cathy et al, I agree that we should "fix" hospital system first & then try
epidurals, but which brings in $ and which one costs?  Epidurals have
become such a consistent source of income that the news is - they are here
to stay.  As usual BF is the loser.
I can remember the days when you got an epidural if anesthesia was there
(days) and had time to run up to L & D.  They are now STATIONED in L & D!!!
Prompt service is part of the $750 plus they get paid.  It is a steady
source of $ and you know, as well as I do, that BF has a hard time fighting
$.  So sad.  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ