Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:58:19 EDT
In a message dated 6/29/99 12:07:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< In my "neck of the woods" our local WIC program has placed 1 pump in the
 RMcD House.  >>

But why is it the responsibility of WIC to provide pumps for the RMcD house?
Again this is an example of breastfeeding not being taken seriously.
The golf tournament this weekend raised $300,000 for our local house and
money was also raised and distributed for the other houses in NC. A
breastpump could be purchased for less then $1500. Always about priorities
and decisions by the administrators who bring their own personal biases and
experiences to work.
Also, if the administrator of the facility decided to be Baby Friendly, that
would mean not receiving the donation of the van and the ABM in the pantry.

Barb Whitehead, IBCLC