Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:04:21 EDT
The baby was given expressed breastmilk and formula (when mom did not have
enough breastmilk because she bought the M-----a battery electric instead
renting a more capable pump) through fingerfeeding.  On Sunday mom could not
pump enough breastmilk and was giving more formula and the baby began to gag
(YEAH baby), so she decided not to give formula any more and needed something
to put in the SNS while at the breast.  I also wish to clarify that all my
clients see a pediatrician.  I see the client first and before the doctor
sees the baby we consult as to the plan ---we are a team and have been
working together for 7 years.  I like it as the medical components can be
taken care of the same time, as scripts for yeast.  So the pedialite was his
solution to mom not being able to pump enough breastmilk, not wanting to
spend more money on a breast pump and not wishing to give formula.  The
pedialite was just something that would flow and encourage the baby to suck
swallow and not just sit and bite.  Hope this clarifies the issue.