Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 00:35:20 EDT
I had a call for a Haberman Feeder  from a Mom with a cleft palate baby a few
weeks ago. She wanted to buy 4 and I only had one in stock so I ordered the
others and sold her that one. When I called her to tell her the order was
here, she said she had stopped using the Haberman because Duke University had
a better way to feed a cleft baby. It's called a Pigeon Nipple. I have never
heard of this and wondered if anyone has heard of this and is it truly better
for a cleft baby then the Haberman or is this just a sales pitch? When I
asked her if she ws still pumping she said Oh no, I had to quit because I
couldn't keep up. And she also said she had found a wonderful formula that
cleft babies do well on, it's the one they recommend at Duke.
Oh well, maybe her Ped is a Duke graduate.
Anyone hear of this nipple?

Barb Whitehead, IBCLC
Ayden NC