Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 00:22:24 EDT
In a message dated 6/26/99 10:51:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  As ACS of LLL of SC's AC entitled:  "Breastfeeding, an All-Star
 Beginning" a few years ago, I learned that most sports celebrities were
 breastfed, including I believe Michael Jordan.  Could you influence the
 powers to be to use some of that celebrity golf tournament money to provide
 some breastpumps for the Ronald McDonald House?  Provide them with the health
 benefits to children of mother's milk.  Since the Ronald McDonald Houses are
 getting the money anyway, what a wonderful precedent that would be. >>

Hi! I was at that conference!! I'm the person who bought most of the silent
auction sports memorbilia-22 items!!!
I have spoken several times with the director of the Ronald McD house about
breastfeeding support services.  I gave the director the name of the
breastpump company to which they asked for the donation of the pump they now
have.  They give out my business cards to any moms who is BFing and I am
listed in the community resources. I periodically rent pumps to moms there
and go there to do pump deliveries and pick ups---not often but occasionally.
And as I deliver a pump, I walk right by the van with the big letters of the
ABM company name painted down the side!!

Barb Whitehead, IBCLC
Ayden NC