From:
Sandy Hess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 17:07:23 -0400
I can not totally disagree with you.  There just is no "perfect"
campaign...something would sit wrong with someone.

My thought in doing this was first to get people to realize that cows
milk, or cow-milk based formula just was not designed for humans.....and
even cows know that!  :)  From that, many specific benefits would be
listed, perhaps some congressman or congresswoman or insurance company
executive (yep -- the food is that goos) would happen to eat there that
week and see the health care and governmental savings which would ensue
if our government better supported breastfeeding.  Maybe even a couple
of mothers t would have the opportunity to read that
breastmilk/breastfeeding decreases their baby's chance of developing
asthma, juvenile onset diabetes, and can enhance mental abilities and
cognitive skills, evidenced by increased IQ scores.  Media coverage,
etc. could ensue and everyone could see MANY happy babies!

Yes, the formula companies could say that their product is "better than
cows milk", and other groups can find a problem to address.

Still, I think that this is a wonderful opportunity.  Everyone certainly
has a choice.  If one is concerned about any potential negatives
outweighing the positives, then don't e-mail or spread the word.

I, for one, am going to keep trying to get CFA to help us this way.

Sandy