From:
Laura Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 01:04:44 -0500
All,

Since I did not know better, I had my cysts removed long before I even
conceived. Have had NO recurrences since began Breastfeeding 4 1/2 years
ago. Not even premenstraul tenderness. Thank you to kind ex-Army  MASH
surgeon who was informed, informed me in my niavette', and performed the
surgery in such a way as to leave Breastfeeing an option for me.

However, when I did have active FC, it was VERY painful, and I can
imagine this mom may be having a very rough time.

My cysts did respond to eliminating ALL caffiene from my diet, and were
definately affected by hormones.  Mom way want to try this caffiene
elimination...even though I have recently heard that caffiene is no
longer believed to be a contributor, I know it worked for me.

Also, I believe the BF hormones are helpful...again, Just my own
experience. I haven't had any since my 1st pregnancy. Although looking
back some of those problems I had getting my 4 pound 8 ounce baby
latched onto those I-cup breasts may have been related to cysts, and I
just attributed the uncomfortableness to BF.  After all, I had been told
that redheads, blondes, and fair-skinned people could expect
breastfeeding to be painful.  And, although I was born and reared in the
"South" (USA) I heard this little gem of a myth from my African
American, Yankee, friend!

Sorry, it's late and I'm rambling.

Laura Wright