From:
lisa mooney RN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 03:52:30 EDT
Maybe Guilt and other Emotions are merely warning signs that we are not
listening to our intuition, which always knows the  way home to the self.
Which is what we are all searching for anyways, even if we haven't figured
that out yet. Guilt for women is different that guilt for men . Historically
women in the US have lived in a patriachal society which encourages us to be
the pleasers. In doing so we turn off our intuition, the inner voice that
reminds us of our own needs.We have been told that our bodies are diseased
and need to be hidden and/or fixed. Only shown to please men when they are in
the mood. Guilt, I think, is a natural response to being cut off fron
our-selves and our bodies.Our intuition is trying to help us to break this
cycle with our daughters and sons.  These wonderful gifts Mother Nature has
bestowed upon us  , but which we have been led to forget. Empowering women to
reclaim this then becomes our biggest job as BF educators. Does it not? If
women are empowered they will demand the support they deserve to Breastfeed
and live a more fulfilled life, thereby increasing the beauty that surrounds
us.