Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:27:53 EDT
Am I the only one to have seen Tarzan since it opened? I am surprised no one
has posted yet about the baby bottle shown within the first five minutes of
this movie.

I'm comfortably sitting in the theater with my 4 y/o seeing this movie as his
1st indoor theater experience (usually go to the drive-in) feeling safe and
secure about the subject matter. I mean lets think about this...

Shipwrecked parents from 'Victorian' England building shelter and taking care
of baby. No corner grocery store to go buy formula. Little chance that glass
bottles survived ship wreck. Formula not the 'societal norm' for feeding
infants of this timeline. Baby saved by lactating gorilla. This should be a
fairly safe movie right?? WRONG!!

The mother gorilla hears an infant crying after her own baby is killed by a
leopard and goes to investigate. She finds human infant. Leopard that killed
human parents is still in hut and she has to fight it to save human infant.
During the fray different pieces of the humans belongings go flying thru the
air - The most prominent being a baby bottle. AARRGGHH!!!

I suppose I should have noticed the 'banana flavored' Nestle Chocolate
commercials before I went to the movie instead of afterward.  I don't want to
open the Nestle/Disney debate again! I just am furious that they had to put
that bottle in there!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent

Cheryl L Tompkins