Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 11:36:40 -0700
My wife is a member of this list, I'm not.  BUT I am my kid's dad!  When our son
was born (1988 at an Army Hospital) they told me to give him his first bath.  It
was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life.  I am tearing as I write
this.  Our second was born at a "County Hospital" and the nurses let me bathe
her with little objection at all.  Our Third was born at a "Private Hospital
with Birthing rooms" and when I asked to bathe her, you would have thought I had
proposed to do a caesarian section myself!   They pitched a total fit and I
think were it not for the fact that my wife WORKED there, I would have been told
it was against the law!!!!!!

PLEASE remember that the child belongs to the family and this is a day which can
never be replayed!

Also, thanks for letting me "butt in" here!

Leslie A. Mathewson, MSW, RN-Hubbie, and my kid's dad