Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 01:25:10 -0400
hi lactnetters,

i would like to thank all those wonderful people who took the time to
respond to my plea for help.  i would like to update the situation at
present.

this past sunday i thought we were heading in the right direction because
the bleb came off spontaneously and she was feeling somewhat better but
still had throbbing in her breast during feeding.  she planned on renting a
pump so she could pump and feed very freq.

i spoke with her today and she is very discouraged. the bleb is back and she
is so uncomfortable she only nursed twice today. she pumped twice also but
this is so far from the amount that i suggested she do.  she is a busy woman
with many activities and hasn't taken my suggestion of rest with others to
help her till she gets past this.

she is on nystatin now and if there is no effect by friday her PCP will
start her on diflucan.  he is also interested in the ultrasound treatments
and so is the mom.  i spoke with a PT today at our hospital who was not
aware that it could be helpful in this situation but who is agreeing to help
us if there is no improvement soon.

is she doing all the interventions that i have suggested?  i think she is
trying but is overwhelmed and frustrated and uncomfortable.

thanks again for the many thoughts on this situation.  i appreciate it very
much.

sincerely,

jackie

mail to: [log in to unmask]