Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 21:39:49 -0400
"The immensely popular Rugrats cartoon and feature film are appalling
when itcomes to the use of bottles.  Not to mention the depiction of
the birth ofthe baby brother in the feature film and the total lack of
parentalsupervision as well.  Unfortunately for the children viewing
these cartoons,all of this is shown as 'normal.'  Anyone else have
thoughts?  It is so sad."

It is sad.  My 4.5 y.o. is a well trained Lactnut already-- when those
scenes come on, she yells at the TV, "Where are your mommies'
nursies???"  My MIL bought her several Rugrats dolls (against our
wishes, I might add) and all came with bottles-- which we promptly
threw away.

However, this weekend we were at my MIL's house with our 19 m.o. as
well.  THis child has never seen a bottle IRL, nor does she have ANY
toys with accompanying bottles.  My MIL had bought yet another dolls
plus bottle.  My 19 m.o. picked the bottle up and started sucking on
it *within ten seconds*.  It was HIGHLY disturbing. :-^

Teresa G. in NC