From:
Laura Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 20:21:48 EDT
I am a breastfeeding educator or was not very successful at breastfeeding my
children.  After the birth of my first two children, entered the field of
nursing and then gave birth to my third child.  Who nursed for only a brief
period.  I then became an advocate for breastfeeding, when I realized the
influence the physicians and nurses have on breastfeeding.  Even when
carefully  selecting a pedicatrician I thought I could trust, the solution
for every breastfeeding problem was formula.  Needless to say, I felt very
sad and guilty that after having three healthy children had not found the
support from my co-workers and did not feel I was able to offer the best
nutrition for my children.  I became sad and then angry, and now will do
anything to help a mom be a successful as she can.  I present the
information, offer the education and support (24 hours a day) and if she
feels guilty for not choosing to breastfeed, then I am sad for her (for she
must recognize that there is great significance in her decision or she would
not have Guilt feelings.)
Enjoying the summer in Texas
Laura Burnett
Breastfeeding Nurse