Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 22:33:16 EDT
I have been a lurker for the past 10 months and have learned so much from
your collective wisdom.  Since this is my first post, I will introduce
myself. My name is Linda Goldberg and I am working in a hospital setting with
another lactnetter, Laura Hart, as I try to accrue my hours and gain
experience before sitting for the exam.  I am an RN, a CCE and have been
teaching childbirth classes for 22 years, the last 15 yrs. in an out of
hospital birth center with CNM's (every CBE's dream job). I am the co-author
of "Your Child's First Journey" now out of print, and its new replacement
"Pregnancy to Parenthood."  I have three children, a 23 yr old son, a 20 yr
old daughter and a 16 yr old son. All were breastfed 3 yrs (without a drop of
ABM or a jar of babyfood - thanks to LLL).  And now my question:  I had a
call yesterday from a working mother with a 4 mo. old. Her babysitter said
that after the baby finished the bottle of EBM, she noticed a "grainy
substance" in the plastic nurser bag.  It resembled grains of sand.  I have
been unable to find this in any of the references.  Any thoughts?
Linda Goldberg RN, CCE (and IBCLC wannabe)
Central Florida