From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 11:01:13 -0400
Thanks to Lloyd Sitkoff for presenting the Dallas/Ft. Worth station log.

My reaction is that, if this is a typical day at this station, the
selections are not too bad.  (Especially for Texas, as seen from the effete
East Coast!) The "editorial" comments by the announcer (and the announcers
on the station here give out a few now and then, too) do set my teeth a bit
on edge, but I happen to be a listener who prefers "just the facts, ma'am"
from announcers (and appreciates reasonably correct pronunciation of
German, French, and Italian--Czech I know from nothing).  Given that one
wants to interest CM newbies, I think it is a good idea to make the whole
experience as inviting and communal--even folksy--as possible, so the
austere approach is probably not the best.  Since radio is considered as
TV without pictures these days, any station needs to have a personality
to attract and hold listeners, so that traditional way of presenting CM
on radio has to be modified.

Hope that the quality of the Fort Worth Orchestra concert was not too
embarassing, for a community orchestra.

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]