From:
Star Siegfried <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:35:14 -0800
Dear All,

Greetings. I'm Star Siegfried, RN,IBCLC up in Northern California. I have
been a Lactnut now for at least 3 years or more and I rarely post. But, I
READ just about everything. I had to share some interesting info with you
all.

I have a client with a 7 wk old male, concieved via IVF. This mom has
struggled with her milk supply since day 1. She has PCOS(polycystic ovarian
syndrome).
She is on a Internet chat line with others with PCO and I asked her to
discuss her low milk supply problems with this group. She has been
forwarding me post from the group for a few days now and clearly, MANY of
these moms have VERY low milk supplys. It was also stated that some can
make "gallons".

I am really suprised at the response this mom is getting via the chat line.
It's like all these moms are comparing notes and coming out of the closet
about their breastfeeding problems. Many of these mom were and are very
devastated as motherhood for them has come at such a price. Breastfeeding
is such a special gift to many of these gals.

So please, lets do our homework,get good histories and hope that this will
be formally studied.
Thank you for your time.
Warmly,
Star Siegfried, RN,BA,IBCLC in Arcata,California. Yes it is wild and beautiful.