From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 09:40:23 +1000
Susan Juhl listed her preferences for a 100th anniversary radio program
for Randall Thompson.  To the extent that Thompson is well-known, the 2nd
symphony is probably his best-known work.  I have a very soft spot for the
third which is immediately attractive.  I recall receiving it in the mail
on the same day I read of the untimely death of Andrew Schenk.

Others have panned Testament of Freedom.  In the only version of it I've
heard, the words are unintelligible anyway, so the only embarrassment will
be to those who know them.

Richard Pennycuick