From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 22:27:01 PDT
Richard Pennycuick wrote:

>I have a version on Naxos by Idil Biret which I assume is different
>from the Finnadar you mentioned, but presumably similar in interpretation.

I had a recording by Nikolai Petrov on the Art & Electronics label; it's
apparently now on Russian Compact Disc(RCD).  I thought it might be
interesting but did not care for it.  The acoustic was the opposite of
"rich" and Berlioz and rich go hand in hand.  Also, one instrument can
hardly do justice to to the splendors of the work.  I found that out too
late.

Don Satz