Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 11:48:01 EDT
Theresa and all others who see conflicting messzges when March of Dimes uses
baby bottles in their efforts, you can be the one to change things. We can't
assume that all staff at local MOD understand the implication of talking
about healthy babies and using bottles which depict formula. Contact your
local chapter, offer to be a breastfeeding resource, explain the importance
of breastfeeding and the need for community support. You may be the first one
who has challenged them on the use of graphics. I know I was at my local
chapter. Better yet, contact the national MOD office at modimes.org, tell
them what you saw and how you are trying to reach your students with
information about breastfeeding. Let us know what happens.
Barbara Hayes
New Rochelle,NY