Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 20:10:54 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/99 11:24:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Tell that to my near-vegan nearly-5-year-old, who's allergy to milk & most
 meats is very serious indeed.  Kid has never had milk in his life, and is
 darn healthy, thank you very much.  There ARE other ways of providing
 children with the nutrients in milk. >>

My daughter too.  She is allergic to dairy and doesn't like meat of any kind.
 She is also the healthiest, most robust child.  She has never been on
antibiotics - only a few minor colds now and then.  So the line about cow
milk being important for children is hogwash - and probably paid for by the
American Dairy Association.  I could go off on a rant here but I will shut up
now ;.)

Kim Sherwood, LLLL