Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 23:07:00 -0500
I have never been called a zeolot but I have been called a radical
and I am proud of it.  Twentyfive years ago when i had my first
it was only the  "radicals "  who were breastfeeding.  ( I think only
two of us out of forty women who were trying on my hospital floor ).

I always tell people that it is only radicals who make changes in
society and I am proud to have been part of LLL and have seen
the changes that have occurred in the past twenty five years.
I will always be grateful to the seven founding moms of LLL who
have helped many changes to take place.  I would not have been
a breastfeeding mother without them and my first LLL Leader.

We have made progress.  I was only "allowed" to see my first for
15 minutes every four hours and the separation was awful. She
"belonged "  to those nurses not to me initially.  There was no
separation  with my fourth child.  All I can say is
"Go Zealots Go "  keep up the good work !

Ruth Bacon  IBCLC   Thornhill Ontario
( also very grateful for Dr Jack Newman who contnues to work
very hard in this area and who has effectuated many changes here )