Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 15:58:38 -0800
Dear fellow breastfeeding advocates!
I'm a childbirth educator, certified doula and breastfeeding counselor.
I've become frustrated to my wit's end this past year with the numbers
of baby's being supplemented for weight loss immediate post partum.  How
is it, for 1000's of years this colostrum/breastmilk combination has
worked.  And now near the millennium... it has ceased working.  I have
had 1/2 of reunion classes (6 out of 12) come back with babies that
'had' to be supplemented before the mother's milk came in.  My last two
labour support clients... the same thing.  Why is this happening... are
women suddenly not making enough colostrum to sustain newborns until her
milk comes in.  Women's confidence is being chipped away at, from the
very beginning!
I would love to hear your idea's and thoughts on this topic! I'm about
to scream... :)
Thanks
Jalana E Grant