John Vanek <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 07:19:27 -0800
I've been working with a mom trying to convince her that she has plenty
of milk. Her baby is gaining above average, she has a freezer full of
pumped milk, but she and her "nutritionist" have discussed that when the
need arises, she should supplement with goat's milk. As hospital based
RNs and IBCLCs, this is not what we'd recommend. Mom would like some
hard cold facts as to why goat's milk would not be used vs. formula if
baby runs out of breastmilk. Can anyone help me &/or refer me to
documentation on this subject?

Same mom, next concern." If not goat's milk, soy formula must be better
than cow's milk formula." I greatly appreciate and trust your input.
Thanks, Dawn (San Jose, CA)