Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
stu and jan black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:26:46 -0800
First off I hope this message ends up where it is supposed to and not on fax
machines. I have been a lurker for a couple weeks - this is my first post.
An introduction - I am an RN who has been working with Moms and babes for
about 7 years - the past 2 and a half as the Breastfeeding
counsellor/support person for our local hospital/Health Unit.
A couple of questions: when do you know you are ready to write the LC? How
much study time? This is a very important step for me and any suggestions
would be much appreciated.
Next question: seeing a mom tomorrow I saw 5 weeks ago. Very definite yeast
symptoms. Treated with GV. Followed up within the week - better - aware to
call if anyother problems/symptom return. She called me today to say only
feeding on Left breast as "shooting pains" to right breast into armpit. Dr
treated with antbx thought it was mastitis (mom said no other symptoms).
Started unilateral nursing 3 weeks ago because couldnt cope with discomfort
of left breast.
Says she has had to take "100s" of Ibuprofin to deal with pain.
First off, I felt terrible knowing she had been suffering so - also if she
felt she couldnt reach me for help again, (had I given off some unspoken
Message?).
Then, can I be honest here?, a bit upset she hadnt called me. she is also
describing small "pink/red" blisters to right nipple. I told her I need to
see her to properly assess, feeding etc.
I am worried she may be someone I cant fix/help. I have seen 100s of moms
and a few stand out in my memory that for the life of me I couldnt correct
their nipple/breast pain. Am I alone with this or just showing I need more
experience?
Thank you for listening to my tale of woe.
.