From:
John Hayward-Warburton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:45:39 +0000
Mikael Rasmusson wrote:

>Can anybody recommend good classical radio programs in the UK? I have of
>course discovered Classsic FM, but I want go beyond the mainstream.  When
>and what frequency? CD reviews and discussions are also of interest to me.

BBC Radio 3.  On the FM band between 90.3 and 92.5 -- your best frequency
might be the Wenvoe transmitter on 92.1.  Arguably the best music and arts
network in the world (although I'm taking care not to define "best" here!)
and paid for through the television licence fee, not advertising.  Look at

   http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3

Happy listening.

Yours,

John Hayward-Warburton