From:
Robert Cordes DO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:55:00 -0500
"I have a WIC Participant who had a Tetanus Shot this am.  She had tried to
=
kick a rat in her home and it bit her. The dr. told her not to bf in the =
afternoon or at night. Resume  bf the next day. Unable to locate info on =
this.  I am sure the dr was just trying to be cautious or should I say too =
cautions.

Meg Beard MPH CHES RD CLE (Santa Barbara)"

Being cautious? How buy advising formula?
Its OK to breastfeed after a tetanus shot. Maternal vaccines
do not contraindicate breastfeeding.
Jack will have a seizure when he reads this. Should be a
great response. I can't wait.
-Rob

Rob Cordes, DO, FAAP, FACOP
Wilkes Barre PA