From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:05:56 -0400
Hi Ron,

I envy you having empty frames that you can put into colonies; I never have
enough!

I have a few thoughts concerning the brood nest honey you have in frames:

- While it has been reported, I do not think it is well understood that the
Apistan formulation of fluvalinate will not be absorbed into honey.  It has
been deliberately made this way.  In fact, when Apistan was approved for use
in England (earlier this year) the label does not require that supers be
removed when treating!  (DANGER...other formulations of fluvalinate will
readily be absorbed into honey!)
- It is really easy to protect honey in frames from wax moth by using
Para-Moth(tm).  You can get from Betterbee, 800-632-3379.
- IF brood has never been raised in the combs in question, wax moth damage
will be minor, if any.  The wax moth larvae thrive on the cocoons from the
bee larvae  if they don't have these, they will hatch but not mature as they
will not have enough protein.

Hope this helps.  Got any full depth drawn frames you want to sell?

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear Owner, Ross Rounds(tm).  The finest in comb honey production.
http://www.rossrounds.com