From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:24:52 -0800
Hi All,
Have a question about this for myself.  Had that Gyn appt a few weeks ago
(yuck) and talked to the Dr about the HORRIBLE pain I had when my cycle
started - goes from my lower back all the way down my legs (to my feet on a
bad day) on the inside of my thighs as well as the front, and had cramps
that were just unbrearable. It only lasts one day (the first day) and during
that time my cycle is very heavy.  She (of course) suggested that it had to
do with BF :/  and I should consider weaning since PJ is almost 2 yrs old,
to which I told her poppycock, and what else could she suggest.  As I take
upwards of 3000mg of ibuprofin during the 24 hr period (600mg q 4hrs) I go
through this I wanted something a little less drastic, but that would allow
me to function (I am completely incapacitated during this 24 hr period -
makes living a bit more difficult!).  She really had no other ideas for me.
Would taking calcium possibly help this situation?  I have had other moms
ask about this as well, so I am not totally asking for myself.  ;)  We, who
go through this, really need some other suggestions besides weaning...you know?

Please respond privately to   [log in to unmask] as I know this isn't really BF
related.  Sorry about that part - just didn't know where else to turn and
the calcium stuff has me intrigued. I am willing to try anything at this
point especially since my cycle is coming up in about a week...aaacckkk!

Jay
dreading her next period...
Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, California, West Coast, USA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."