From:
Cindy Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:07:26 -0500
Well, I just returned from our LLL Area Conference and am feeling pumped
up
(haha!) about breastfeeding advocacy. The Message!Products folks sent me
free ads that show a picture of the final breastfeeding check and I
distributed almost 200 of them. If I was more high-tech, I'd scan the ad
in
and send it to you all. Sadly, you'll have to settle for a texty
description.

By the way, thank you all VERY much for the input you gave me in the
check
design. I sent all of your slogan suggestions and comments on
appropriate
artwork. I hope you'll like what was chosen.

The check background is light blue with a swirly, rainbow border on the
top
and bottom. In the center of the check is a screen of some clipart from
the
ProMom site. (#5) It shows a dark-haired woman, who could be one of
several
different ethnicities, nursing her dark-haired baby in a cradle hold.
Over
the signature line are the words "Breastfeeding: Baby's Best Start." The
checks are printed on recycled paper with soy inks.

The ad that Message!Products sent us shows a picture of the check (with
fake name and address) alongside the headline: "Breastfeeding: an
investment in the future." Under the headline it reads, "You don't have
buy your checks at the bank. Breastfeeding Checks feature the bank, a
breastfeeding mother and baby, with the slogan 'Breastfeeding: Baby's
Best
Start.' Every order raises money for La Leche League of Harrisburg. Join
this unique campaign and order today!"

Ordering information is also on the ad. You can get 200 single checks
for
$13.95 or 150 duplicate checks for $14.95. Shipping and handling is
$1.75
per box and you only pay tax if you are in MN. Delivery takes 2-3 weeks.
(You can get your checks in 10 days if you pay $3.50 for first class
delivery.) You can order by phone at 1-800-243-2565 or fax at
1-800-790-6684 or online at <www.messagecheck.com>

If you have any questions, you can always contact me. Thanks again for
your
help!

-Steph

PS- could someone please forward this to Lactnet? Thanks!

Stephanie Weishaar
LLL Leader
15 Deer Run Drive
Etters, PA 17319