From:
Anne Andrianos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 09:59:08 -0800
I am interested in the origin of the title "lactation consultant". How
and why was that that nname selected? What is the meaning of each word?
and what do they mean together? Please don't think this is a stupid
question, I am asking the question to resolve some curriculum issues for
a course I am teaching. Considering how important language is within our
profession and to the public, I am seeking clearer understanding of this
terminology.  TIA,
--
Anne Andrianos, MS,RN,IBCLC
Breastfeeding Resources