From:
Cathy Bargar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:35:58 -0500
Jack responded re: baby w/rash, ped suggested stopping BF:
"there are lots of treatments around besides stopping
breastfeeding, which won't necessarily make it better."

In my experience, almost any of these mysterious baby rashes will be made
lots worse, plus then you get the added problems of GI upsets, by any
formula on the market. Cow's milk, soy, you name it - all are way more
likely to cause trouble than breastmilk. I've never once talked to a mom who
said "Oh, all the rash (or spitting up, or green stools, or whatever it is)
went away as soon as I switched to formula; lots of moms say, I wish I'd
never started this formula junk".