From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 13:55:20 PST
>From: tech <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'LAURIE WHEELER'" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: Other question (Site Feedback)
>Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:09:20 -0500
>
>Many thanks for your e-mail. We're sorry that you did not care for our
>advertisement.  We have forwarded your comments and inquiries to the
>appropriate executives at Clinique.  We value our consumers and their
>opinions and hope you will >continue to look to Clinique with
confidence and satisfaction for all your >skin care and makeup needs.

>Thank you.
>Clinique Tech

baby >bottle tie-in was clever, but does not equate health and youth to
me. The >feeding bottle as a symbol for babies is very pervasive in the
media.

>However, numerous health organizations, struggling to promote the much
>healthier choice of breastfeeding, would like to see that changed.  In
a >recent policy statement (Dec 97), The American Academy of Pediatrics
>states that practitioners should "encourage the media to portray
>breastfeeding as positive and the norm."
>>
>You may think that I am being very picky about this. However, whenever
>women see this type of symbolism, they become more convinced that
bottle >feeding is healthy for babies, which is very far from the truth.
You may >not know all the health problems assoc. with bottle feeding,
but I urge >you to change your ad.

>Sincerely,
>
>Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
>Louisiana Breastfeeding MediaWatch Campaign
>Violet LA 70092
>
>Note: The Louisiana Breastfeeding MediaWatch Campaign is part of the
>National Breastfeeding MediaWatch Campaign, sponsored by the Texas Dept
of Health, an ongoing project of the Bureau of Clinical and Nutrition