From:
Madeleine Pym <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 12:00:31 -0000
From David Eyre:

"Normally the seller sets the price, but in our case we are told what
price 'they' will pay, regardless of quality or quantity.
        Until that trend is changed low prices will be the norm. Perhaps
the time has come to cut the ties to 'them'."

Spot on David. I have been following this thread and it sounds like (long
term) this is the solution.

I was involved in a retailing cooperative (nothing to do with bees) some
years ago and it was a very efficient way of doing business. In England we
have the 'First Honey Co-operative' which is a co-operative of beekeepers
that market their honey themselves. For those who are interested perhaps it
would be worth contacting them to see how they are doing it. (I only have a
snail mail address and phone number I'm afraid)

First Honey Co-operative
17 Warton Lane,
Austrey,
Atherstone,
Warkwickshire
CV9 3EJ
Tel/Fax:  01827 830 955

All the best and wishing everyone a Happy Christmas and proseropus New Year.
Madeleine Pym, London.