Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 22:16:11 -0500
At 09:20 PM 2/9/99 +0000, heather wrote:
>There will be others on this list more qualified than I am ( a non-native
>French speaker) to clarify the meaning of that French slogan on the
>formula...but here goes:
>
>it is that 80 per cent of paeds recommended thickening the feed (in cases
>of reflux),  not that they are recommending that particular formula.

But it doesn't say "in cases of reflux".  On the poster it just says 80% of
paeds reccomend thickening formula.  I know that and you know that reflux
is what they mean, but if I'm a new mom who doesn't know anything other
than "BIB but f****** is fine" and I go to buy my baby ABM and see that
"80% of paeds reccomend thickening formula", and there's no other brand of
thickened ABM there, what am I supposed to think?  (Worse yet I'm imagining
someone buying the cheaper regular kind and not diluting it enough
*shudder*  People here already switch to full on cow milk at 3 months
*shudder*) and the poster I should mention is in the shape of a big arrow
pointing at the actual product on the shelf.

>What *is* against the WHO code is any  promotional stuff at point of sale -
>whatever it says, whether it's swing tags, posters, eye-catchers, money off
>discounts...anything.

That's what I thought.  I was really suprised to see it because here we
don't have ABM commercials on tv and I never received a single thing after
my son's hospital birth.

-wendey (Studying LC in Montreal)