From:
Kar-Ming Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:06:59 +0800
Don Satz wrote:

>Thee's more coming than just the Philips set.  DG has just released a
>single disc of Tureck, Bach, and(I believe) the Goldberg Variations.
>The disc received a good review in Gramophone, but nothing great.

I thought the DG release of Tureck's Goldberg Variations comes in two
full-price disc.

Anyway, you might want to wait for the second volume of Tureck in the Great
Pianist series with Tureck performing the Goldberg Variations (yes!  yes!
According to a reliable source, the recording is supposed to contain her
1957 HMV recording of the Goldbergs, which is said to be the best one that
she had done), Partita in B minor BWV 831, Italian Concerto and Four Duets.
The two CD-discs will be released in June 1999.

Meanwhile, enjoy her magnificient account of Partitas in the Great Pianist
series.

Cheers
Kar Ming