From:
Thanh-Tam Le <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 18:16:24 -0500
Belle Lim <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Le Thanh-Tam (Bry-sur-Marne, France) wrote:
>
>>I am looking for different versions of the violin concerto "The
>>Butterfly Lovers". I heard about a good version by a Japanese female
>>violinist. Unfortunately, my friend could not remember the violinist's
>>name. I am hoping to find it now.

Oh, did I write this?:-)  Then I must ask myself to introduce my (other)
self, i.e. me, to my mystery friend!

However, the "me" who is presently writing seems to remember that the
Japanese violinist must be Takako Nishizaki.  I even think that she is
the wife of Klaus Heymann, the founder and president of HNH (Marco Polo,
Naxos,...), and actually the tremendous success of her first recording of
the Butterfly Lovers was the starting point of HNH.  I am not sure, but I
must have read somewhere that she had recorded it recently for the fifth or
sixth time in ten years...

Best regards from both of us,

Thanh-Tam Le