From:
Donna Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 08:56:01 -0800
Hi all,

Have a question from a mum nursing a 5 month old about taking Tylenol
extra strength for aches and pains. Active ingredients are acetaminophen
500 mg and chlorzoxazone 250 mg. The tiny drug list I have (gotta get
Tom's book!) lists acetaminophen as no problem but has no info on
chlorzoxazone. The pharmacist she called said he didn't have any info on
the muscle relaxant so guess what he said? "Since we have no studies
saying it isn't a problem you better not nurse until tomorrow" Give your
baby that other stuff that we do know can be a problem. The mum was not
too bothered by the advice to pump and dump because baby has had ABM and
bottles before but I would like to provide more correct info for future
reference. All the pharmacist would tell me was that the peak for
chlorzoxazone was 1 - 2 hours with a half life of 1 hour.

TIA
Donna Hansen
Burnaby, British Columbia
(we had the most amazing frosts for the last two nights, and beautiful
sunny days to match)